Friday, August 12, 2011

Hot Chicken Casserole

This is one of my favorite chicken casseroles.  It is especially good in the spring and summertime - at least I think it has the flavors for that time of the year...

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked, diced chicken
2 cups chopped celery
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
2 cups cooked wild rice
1/2 lb cheddar cheese, cubed
potato chips, crushed (for top)

Dressing: 1/2 tsp salt, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 3/4 cup mayo

Mix dressing in large bowl.  Add all remaining ingredients to dressing, except potato chips, and toss together.  Put in buttered or greased 13x9 pan and top with crushed potato chips.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

1 comment:

Laura Crenshaw Chabo said...

Thanks for posting this one, Heather! Next time my kids take the recipe card while I'm making it I can just look it up here! :) I would also note that the wild rice should be make WITHOUT the seasoning mix put in, if you're using one of the box mixes. It's tastes ok if you forget and add it, but it's BETTER without the seasoning mix.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...