Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Pad SEE Ew
This is one of Amanda's favorite Thai dishes.
What you need!
• 1 (14-ounce) package wide rice noodles
• 1 pound Chinese broccoli or broccoli rabe
• 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 6 medium garlic cloves, sliced paper thin
• 2 cups thinly sliced cooked turkey (I cook it myself, can use Chicken or Beef, Put in freezer for around 10 min. makes it easy to slice, then just cook fast like you would a stir fry.)
• 1/4 cup dark soy sauce (I use Naturally Brewed)
• 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (I use Low Sodium)
• 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
• 2 large eggs
How it's done!
1. Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak until loose and pliable but not soft, about 8 minutes; drain and set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare an ice water bath by filling a bowl halfway with ice and water; set aside. Slice broccoli on the bias into 1-inch-thick pieces and blanch by cooking in boiling water until leaves are wilted and stems just give when pierced with a sharp knife, about 3 minutes. Place in ice water until cold, then drain and set aside.
3. Heat 4 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When it shimmers, add garlic and cook until it just begins to color, about 1 minute.
4. Add noodles, broccoli, turkey, soy sauces, and sugar and cook until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
5. Push noodle mixture to one side of the pan and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Crack eggs into oil and scramble briefly until eggs begin to set, then let cook undisturbed until solid, about 3 minutes. Mix eggs into noodles and serve.
It's That Easy! And it's Gluten Free!