Friday, October 8, 2010

Sour Cream Enchiladas

This is my absolute favorite meal! Every year I want sour cream enchiladas and strawberry cake for my birthday. Yuummmy!

And to show you how simple they are I took step-by-step photos. You're welcome.






1 dozen corn tortillas

Sauce:
2 Tbsp minced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp flour
1 large can whole tomatoes
2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
dash black pepper

Filling:
1 8oz carton sour cream
4 oz monterey jack cheese, grated
4 oz cheddar cheese, grates
garlic powder and onion salt to taste

To make sauce saute onion and garlic in oil. Add flour and blend well. Put tomatoes and spices into a blender and blend until pureed. Pour mixture into sauce pan with onion and simmer.

To make filling combine sour cream, cheeses and spices in a large bowl.

Melt lard or Crisco in a frying pan (I prefer this but you can use oil too) and dip tortillas to soften.
















Then dip tortilla into the sauce.
















Fill with heaping Tbsp of filling.
















Roll up and place in a baking dish.
















Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
















Top with grated cheese.
















Cover with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes at 350
















(serves six - but of course I always double the recipe.)

2 comments:

imabetty said...

Makes me want to make some! Good idea to include step-by-step pics.

bobcrenshaw said...

I made these and they are way better than I remember. Maybe my tastes have changed. Love the play-by-play!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...