Thursday, July 29, 2010

Semi-Homemade creamy "Hamburger Helper"

Tonight I started to brown some ground beef before I checked to see if we had any Hamburger Helper. So I made this up and everyone liked it.


Ingredients
1 lb ground beef

1 tbs kosher salt
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
1 tsp accent (MSG)
1 tsp garlic powder

1 box mac&cheese
1/2 stick butter
1 cup milk
2 cup water
4 oz cream cheese


Directions
Brown the ground beef on about 6 or 7 (med-high) with the salt, soy sauce, vinegar, MSG, and garlic. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil while stirring. (Make sure the butter and cream cheese are melted.


Reduce to 2 (low) and simmer for 9 minutes covered, stirring occasionally.


Let rest for 5 -10 minutes to thicken (and cool) before serving.



2 comments:

John C said...

I love you, no offense... but that picture looks not pleasant. I may be biased because I never liked the cheeseburger macaroni anyways, though I'm sure this is much cheaper, and prob really really good.. still.

Side note MSG should never be on the ingredients list unless it's being preserved or dryed.

bobcrenshaw said...

FYI, John....

MSG is in Doritos which is not a dried or preserved food. MSG is delicious.. add some to eggs just like salt it is amazing!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...