Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Blueberry Buckle

This is one of my favorite brunch recipes.

Mix thoroughly:
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup soft shortening
1 egg
Stir in:
½ cup milk
Sift and stir in:
2 cups sifted flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt

Carefully blend in 2 cups well-drained blueberries. Spread batter into 9” greased and floured pan (round or square).

Sprinkle with crumble mixture (since Mark doesn't like cinnamon I leave it out and add 1/4 cup of brown sugar instead):
½ cup sugar
1/3 cup sifted flour
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ cup soft butter

Bake 375° for 40-50 minutes. Serve warm or cooled.

2 comments:

Laura Crenshaw Chabo said...

Heather, when you say sifted flour, is that before or after it's measured?

Heather McKeon said...

I always sift after I measure. I measure the flour and then sift it into the mix. But I never bother sifting if for the crumb topping - I mean what's the point?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...